I’ve just published my second adventure module — The Bleak Holdfast of the Heartless Queen. It’s currently $4 at DTRPG.
Back cover blurb:
“High above the snow line there is a castle on a crag. It is an object of fear and hatred, because the Heartless Queen holds court there and she is pitiless in her anger and host to terrible friends. Between the Frost Wyrms, the Ice Harpies, and the Frozen Thing that Guards the Bridge, even getting in is difficult.
Most locals stay as far away as they can, but between courage, pride, and burning vengeance there are always some willing to take a shot at it. And travellers from the soft, warm south might hear stories of the Queen’s fantastical treasures and be oblivious about the horrors that protect them.”
It’s built using Old-School Essentials as the rules reference, and I’ve roughly tuned it for 5-6 PCs of 3rd level or slightly fewer of 4th.
(added 26 April) Some prosaic notes for the prospective DM – the module features:
- A 70 location adventure site with a complex multi-path (‘Jaquay’d’) layout
- Several goals the PCs could have within that space
- An unusual environment (a castle made largely of ice)
- Several detailed NPCs, some of whom can be set against each other
- Several distinctive creature and minor NPC types
- An adversary roster to help you predict the castle’s response to disturbance
(if you’re intimidated by my recent productivity, it might help you to know that I’ve been working on this, and The Pit in the Forest, on and off since January 2020.)