StarCruiser — a roleplaying storygame of space adventure and panic fear

StarCruiser is an roleplaying game I developed between 2012 and 2014. I ran two stories with the game, each around seven sessions long. We had a good time, although there were lots of rough edges. The best and worst feature was probably the round-robin scene framing (an idea I got from Hot War) — it let players have major creative input, but made it very hard for the GM (or anyone else) to manage the pace.

As I don’t plan to do anything further with it, and it exists in a form that might be usable for others, I’ve decided to open-source it and put it online.

You can download it as a PDF, or as a Word .docx, or (via GitHub) in markdown format. The licence in all cases is the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (aka “CC-BY”).

The PDF and .docx are formatted for double-sided print, with new chapters starting on a facing pages, so there are some blank pages.

The markdown version is quite readable as raw text (including the tables), and isn’t obviously missing anything. Markdown renderers, however, (including pandoc’s to-pdf-via-latex option) generally mess up the tables.

Character sheets just an index card, Classic Traveller -style. There is session prep worksheet and a cluster sheet, both in Word format.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s